Sunday, February 13, 2011

Back Update and Program Thoughts

Well I have to say my back was worse then I first thought but getting better. It was a bit sore the day I injured it but the next day it got worse. Yesterday I worked 12 hours with one less person on shift, the up and down and running around really aggravated it in the morning. It was the worse back pain I have ever had but didn't leave me immobile. By the end of the evening it was feeling a bit better. Today it's much better I can get up and down with out much pain and I can bend with much less pain. I feel like it should be about two or three more days before I am back to normal.

I think the thing that aggravated it was the DB Swing in Mass Assault. I am sure I got too aggressive with it and tweaked something from a reoccurring injury. The funny thing is this is the first time since I stopped training with conventional weight that I had that injury come back and of course it was with a conventional weight lol. I don't know what it is but I must see conventional weights and think "aggressive." I am really starting to consider doing the TACFIT 26 program starting at the lowest level (Delta). Part of me really wants to start the program because the fact that your doing something different every time with the time scheme and the training moves. Not to mention I have all of these toys that need to be played with lol. Although I just started Mass Assault I thought I might put it on the back burner for now to focus on Tacfit 26.

I really want to know what TACFIT 26 2.0 is going to look like. Scott Sonnon said that it is coming but nothing else has been said about it. I am curious to see if they are going to just change the production of it or it they are adding programs to it etc. We will see in time I guess.

One thing is for sure if I make a commitment to start TACFIT 26 I owe it to myself to stick to it into the summer.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope your back gets better!

Brian said...

Thanks Todd it seems to be.

Deanmc said...

Hey Brian sorry to hear about your back. Take it easy with those dumbbells! The revamped TF26 has me intrigued as well. I have the original version, I can't see them coming out with 26 new circuits... Or maybe they will, who knows! Should be interesting though. In also heard mention of a Clubbell version of TF, that would be fun.

morazi said...

Hang in there and honor where you back is. I hope you get your back ready to roll soon and are able to work around it where you can -- although with back injuries that can be super tricky.

I hear you about the TacFit 26, esp with so much new equipment arriving at your gym! I am space/equipment constrained so I doubt I'll ever get to the point where I have the full set up. I'm finding it really intriguing going back and forth between more formal TacFit stuff and more free-form Primal stuff so I can see the appeal of switching all the different time set formats around.